Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Hopping Chicken Indigestion

In all honesty, I cannot with any certainty tell you plainly what happened to the entire month of November. Anyone have any ideas? As it flew past us, did it leave a kind of whooshing sound in your ears too?

I have a sort of faint impression of precious family having come and gone much too quickly. To solidify that impression, there are upwards of five hundred or more pictures on my camera waiting to be downloaded, and I suppose that is proof positive that it all happened ... the turkey, the wii, the travel, the laughter, the fun, the Thanksgiving.

I can't wait to share some of those pictures with you in the coming days, but for today, I want to show you the other thing has had my attention, and let me tell you, in the last few weeks, this thing has kept me hopping like a mad chicken. I don't mean a mad chicken in the angry sense -- more like mad in the panicked, teensy bit neurotic, and totally out of her head sense. Understand? No, this chicken, she doesn't blog - she just runs in circles, fretting, feathers flying. And yes, I think that chickens do hop. If not a chicken, then what? A mad, hopping toad? But, then no, they can't run in circles.

Uhmmm, I wonder?

Aren't you glad that I haven't been writing much?

More to the point, can you guess what this is?

















The white pages? Nope. And, while we're on the subject, does anybody use those any more? What's ever happened to the good ol' white pages?


The unedited and unrevised script of "Gone With The Wind"? Nope.


Oh, gracious me! It's real estate documents! Did you know that this is the kind of stuff banks hand to you lightly and tell you to memorize cover to cover? I'm sure that I heard them snicker as we left the building.

So, there you have it - we are in the throws of buying a house! Our first ever! And closing could be as early as next week. Gulp!

To those of you who know me well, know that up until now, I have made moving a sort of annual event. Some folks "Spring Clean" in order to clean out the cobwebs, whereas I prefer to shake the dust from my heels, pack it up, and high-tail it into a new and fresh abode.

Here's a frightening secret ... in my thirty-five years of life, I have moved thirty-nine times. Let that sink in for just a minute. This house, if the purchase goes through, will make my FORTIETH move, and to be very honest, the thought of owning a home, of being tied to it, is a bit frightening -- which may account for some of my anxiety. Seems silly, doesn't it? In a world where a girl hopes to find just a little security, I get freaked out at the thought of having some.

Well, here's the truest thing I've said all day ... the good Lord knows the plans He has for us AND this world is not my home, I'm just a passing through ...

Look at it like that and the possibility of owning home doesn't seem so scary now does it? Not that I mean to say that death is preferable to owning a home - I don't mean that at all. But, what do I mean? Oh, now I'm all confused.

Brows are knit, I'm scratching my head, and working it all out ...

What I mean to say is that I'm so very excited and anxious too over owning a home. If the Lord gives us this house, will you pray with me that He'll show Handsome and I how to use it for His glory? Yep, whew, now we're on the right track. See how running in circles can make you a little dizzy?

Anybody wanna help this little chicken pack? 

1 comment:

  1. Owning a house is scary but oh so fun as you can do whatever you want to it!! You're going to have fun decorating and painting and making it yours!!
    Guess how many times I've moved in my 30 years?
    3! haha! And those 3 times have been in my last 5 years.
    Love reading you blog Amy.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete