Monday, December 14, 2009

Cardboard

Last week, the same day our heater got completely fixed, I did a happy, toasty, cozy jig and about five minutes later, the plumbing went south. And by south, I mean our bathwater leaked down down down into the apartment below ours. Eee-gads - our poor neighbors!

I am happy to report, that after a train of maintenance guys, trucks of plumbers, a few odd wall-repair men and a painter, we are now all de-clogged, walls are patched, and the neighbors are dry. (Poor neighbors)

Although, I am thrilled that we are buying our own home, honestly, there are few things I'll miss about apartment living. For example, the fact that we do NOT have to pay the plumber who was here from two until eight Friday night is a very lovely thing.

I will miss the handy, on-site, maintenance man too. This is me:
"Hello, Handyman? Our garbage disposal is on the blink. Would you please fix it?"
"Hello, Handyman? We have lost our mail key. Will you put a new lock on the box for us so we won't have to worry about finding it?"
"Hello, Handyman? This light fixture is really stinky. Will you please replace it?"

I'm truly embarrassed to say that we've called him for those very reasons. I wish I could say that I just made them up, but I didn't ... she said sheepishly. I wonder how relieved management will be to see us go?

If all goes well, we will be closing on our home tomorrow, pulling up stakes on Thursday, and paying for our own clogged tubs come Friday.

If things don't go so well, we'll be closing on some later date, hoping that moving men don't mind being pushed around on the calendar a bit, and begging the apartment management to let us stay a couple extra days. Shhh, please don't tell 'em what I said about not paying for the plumber and stuff.


So, until we know for sure, this is what's happening here today... I'm packing up boxes, listening to Christmas music, singing along, and squeezing in a quick note to you.

So, far, I have built more boxes than a box salesman on expo day. Yah, I don't really know if that exists either, but I have wrestled quite a bit of cardboard since the day began, and it somehow sounds right to me.


Boxes, boxes everywhere!


Boxes as decor.


These are the twelve book boxes I told you about last week. Done and done!


That dresser is totally empty! Yay!

Anyway, that's what is going on here.

But, I can't help what is going on there ... in your day. Handsome says that blogs are not really meant for responding, but I think that is pretty rotten. I mean, blogging is fine and all, but please feel free and welcome to blah blah blah right back to me any time. How are you filling this Monday? Is it stuffed and squeezed with Christmas planning? Are you baking? Are you running? Are you watching snow fall? Are you listening to Christmas music too? I wonder if we're listening to the same song. Here, let's try to harmonize ...

2 comments:

  1. No music here, just the ring of the phone and a little girl's voice. Rates up there with violin music to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot how cute you are! The way you think makes me smile. ;)

    ReplyDelete