Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jury Duty!

I wish, I wish that I could have carried a secret camera into the court room today, but as it is, this is the best that I can do ...













Okay, that just a picture of the toy my hubby is currently trying to sell on Ebay, but really, I felt like an AMAZON SUPERHERO (WonderWoman was always my favorite! Wasn't she yours?) on her way to rid the city of evil, to do her civic duty, to sit for hours and hours and hours on end inside the Hall of Justice.

The robed power of the courts never did call my name, and at the end of the day, I was excused - service completed. I never did get to use anything like a Lasso of Truth - bummer.

But, it really was a very interesting way to spend this sorta unique date in history. Besides having a front-row seat to view a complete cross section of folks who also call of our lovely city home, I had the unique opportunity to watch our courts system in action ... it was very interesting, although not exactly action packed.

I suppose that I should also mention the Agatha Christie book I read cover to cover while waiting. Yep, it was a really long, boring day. Un-action packed, you might say. I have never served jury duty before though, and so hopefully, this event will help me to remember this date ten years from now. More importantly, I wonder if I'll remember "who did it" ... in the Christie book ten years from now?  Doesn't matter too much, 'cause good ol' Hercule Poirot will remind me if I ever pick up the story again.  He's big on justice too - come to think of it.

Anyone else have an interesting/slightly out of the norm 09-09-09?

Did I mention that we, Handsome and I, also put our first ever offer on a dream, beach condo today too? Yep, it was a really BIG, long day. More about the real estate later...

Anyhoo, I'm one tired Supergirl - crime fighting started much too early this morning, and tomorrow, my mother-in-law arrives. I'm gonna need the strength of Hercules (the mythological one) to get this messy apartment cleaned and spritzed in time for her arrival.

So for now, I'll sign out knowing that justice has been done here.

No comments:

Post a Comment