Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Aebelskivers!

I can’t begin to explain the anxiety I created for myself while trying to decide what to write about in this post.

Do I post something weighty about infertility and that whole struggle? Or do I just start in about the day to day stuff I do - keeping myself busy - in order to make being childless more bearable?

I’m not sure why I wrestled with the decision for as long as I did – the choice is easy. I mean, who really wants to dwell continually about disappointment? I mean, really? So, pushing all that to one side and sticking a pin in it (for now), let’s just focus on escaping into the Santa Inez Valley with a dreamboat, and there you have it – we begin with powdered-sugar sprinkled, Danish, pancake balls! 

 
To those people in the world who know how to make food look good in pictures, I take my hat off to you ... I mean, I would if I were wearing one. Food photos are a complete mystery to me. Still, here is the best picture I could manage of the aebelskivers we glumped down over the long weekend. Hope it doesn’t translate too grotesquely.

These particular aebelskibers were ... well, they were not exactly great, but they were warm, sweet, and unusual - perfect for a weekend get-away and try something different sort of a treat. If you ever find yourself roaming the streets of Solvang, California, I highly recommend that you shove yourself around one or two of the freshest.
Anyhoo, now that this first real post is done, I'm relieved! And looking forward to what tomorrow will bring for posting - postage? -posted-ness? 

We’re off with a bang! I wonder how the Danes would say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment