Sunday, February 27, 2011

Job Landing

After what comes near to 32 years or something close to it outta work, I very surprisingly landed a job.

J.O.B.

I can't believe it either which is why I have to spell it out for myself every time.

Maybe you have wondered why in the world I have not written to you since the last snow fall (it snowed here again yesterday by the way - short, fast flurries followed by sunshine and gobs of it, but it did snow!), and now you know. I have been working. Well, yes, I say working, but what I have really been doing is working at adjusting to working.

The job that I landed (or rather that has landed on me), is a writing job - believe it or not. I have been desperate to chatter all about it with you, but after writing for the man all day, the best I could do was to sorta store up and catalogue stories to tell you in sort of a back-logged fashion. I have missed you so, and it's high time we got caught up - don't ya think?

So, first things first.

A new owl moved in!

This is him.
Isn't he cool?
He's a wooden puzzle owl. He is exactly the kinda of tactile, puzzle toy I loved when I was little, and now that I'm big, he's still just the perfect toy.
A gift from friends. Handsome and I really do have the best sort of friends.

In addition to being the coolest toy ever, I think that he is particularly fitting to physically express my overall approach to life change... i.e. starting a new job after nearly 53 years of homemaking.

Watch this...
This is me before I started that new job:
Cool, calm, collected, pulled together. Not a care in the world. Looking a little tough, right?

This is me after:
Ha! It's been nearly two months since beginning work, so truly, life is starting to adjust, and I really am getting used to my new schedule - sorta.

I wish that I could say that I was here:

But on most days, the good days, the closest I get to normal is here:
 Not quite right, but getting closer, wouldn't you say?

3 comments:

  1. Yayyyy! A post from you! The drought has ended! Yipee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to hear more of what God is doing in your life Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found this! What a great owl and illustration. I hope to read more :)

    ReplyDelete